Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula 5.2.6 working directory

2012-03-15 11:12:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula 5.2.6 working directory
From: "Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC]" <uthra.r.rao AT nasa DOT gov>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 10:09:46 -0500

I compiled Bacula 5.2.6 with the following configure options:

./configure \

--prefix=/usr/local/bacula-5.2.6 \

--enable-smartalloc \

--with-postgresql \

--with-dump-email=uthra.r.rao AT nasa DOT gov \

--with-job-email=uthra.r.rao AT nasa DOT gov \

--with-smtp-host=mailhost.gsfc.nasa.gov \

--enable-bat \

--with-tcp-wrappers=/lib64 \

--with-working-dir=/var/bacula/working

With the above configuration I realized that the *.bsr and *.mail files in my /var/bacula/working directory gets deleted every time I restart the daemons. My understanding is that we will need the .bsr files for restore jobs right?

Is there a way to avoid these files from getting deleted from the “working” directory or do I have to recompile by adding another configure options like:

--with-bsrdir=PATH

Not sure what configure option to add to save “*.mail” in a seprate directory from the working directory so it won’t get deleted.

Thank you

Uthra