Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Scaling Bacula

2012-03-09 13:42:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Scaling Bacula
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 10:39:31 -0800

The one additional thought I have is to keep the backup file set as small as possible; network traffic and the length of your backup window will be a concern.

If you have hundreds or thousands of servers, odds are that they are all identical - especially if they are managed by chef. So you don't need to back up the operating system itself, just back up whatever data varies from one server to the next.

Generally, the less backup traffic you have per server, the better.