Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Delaying execution of Client Run Before Job

2012-03-03 05:11:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Delaying execution of Client Run Before Job
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 11:08:51 +0100
On Friday 02 March 2012 16.14:34 Silver Salonen wrote:
> On Friday 02 March 2012 08:47:42 Cristóbal Sabroe Yde wrote:
>
> Hi everyone!
> Is there a way to delay the execution of the script Client Run Before Job
> right up to the efective moment when the remote client will start sending
> data?
>
> I have set up such a script to shut down some databases and I'd like to
> minimize the down-time as much as possible. It happens sometimes that bacula
> starts the job, ejecutes the client script, shutting down the DBs and then it
> starts changing the tapes (or stop with an error*) taking a long time I'd
> like to optimize.
>
> (*)Yesterday I updated from 5.2.5 to 5.2.6-207 using the openSUSE repository
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Archiving:/Backup:/Factory/openSUSE_12.1
>  that change the ownership of /var/lib/bacula to root so the sd daemon
> could't write there anymore, but that's another story.
>
> Thank you!
> Cristóbal Sabroe Yde
>

> Hi.
>
> Why not just to sleep at the end of the script? :)

Just a drop note, Cristóbal I hope you understand the term Factory under OBS
language.
Factory = test bed not ready for production ...

bacula package will hit
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Archiving:/Backup (No Factory) during
March,
once we will consider them ready for production.

ps : the owner bug will be fixed soon if not yet done.

--
Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member & Ambassador