Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Delaying execution of Client Run Before Job

2012-03-02 07:15:12
Subject: [Bacula-users] Delaying execution of Client Run Before Job
From: Cristóbal Sabroe Yde <cris AT uti.unrc.edu DOT ar>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 08:47:42 -0300
Hi everyone!
Is there a way to delay the execution of the script Client Run Before Job right up to the efective moment when the remote client will start sending data?

I have set up such a script to shut down some databases and I'd like to minimize the down-time as much as possible. It happens sometimes that bacula starts the job, ejecutes the client script, shutting down the DBs and then it starts changing the tapes (or stop with an error*) taking a long time I'd like to optimize.

(*)Yesterday I updated from 5.2.5 to 5.2.6-207 using the openSUSE repository http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Archiving:/Backup:/Factory/openSUSE_12.1 that change the ownership of /var/lib/bacula to root so the sd daemon could't write there anymore, but that's another story.

Thank you!

Cristóbal Sabroe Yde