Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Override Next Pool

2012-03-02 04:09:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Override Next Pool
From: Adrian Reyer <bacula-lists AT lihas DOT de>
To: Tim Krieger <tim.krieger AT neverblue DOT com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 10:04:27 +0100
Hie Tim,

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 02:36:28PM -0800, Tim Krieger wrote:
> All our routine backups are done to disk to keep our backup window small
> Our data is rolled from disk to tape(long term archive) with a migration job
> weekly(file pool recycled after two weeks)
> I have been asked to add an additional offsite backup to this setup and was
> thinking of just running a copy job to usb disks.  The snag I have run into
> is that the copy job just wants to send things to the tape archive as that is
> the "next pool" as defined in the file storage pool resources.
> Any ideas?  Can I specify next pool in the run command somehow?

I have the very same setup, I solved it with a wrapper job that changed
the 'Next Pool' statement. If you want to, you can have the script.
But recently Jan Lentfer asked basically the same in 'Virtual Full - Set
NextPool for the virtual job only', Martin Simmons linked to
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.backup.bacula.devel/14084
and I like that approach quite more as it doesn't need bacula-dir
reloading. I would do it that way if I had to do it again.

Regards,
        Adrian
--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91