Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Override Next Pool

2012-03-01 17:38:16
Subject: [Bacula-users] Override Next Pool
From: Tim Krieger <tim.krieger AT neverblue DOT com>
To: "'bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net'" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 14:36:28 -0800

Hey all,

     I have a situation with bacula where I would like to over ride the next pool setting on some backups, I have not been able to find any information on how to do this, only a request a few years old to have the feature.  Did this ever get implemented?

Details :

All our routine backups are done to disk to keep our backup window small

Our data is rolled from disk to tape(long term archive) with a migration job weekly(file pool recycled after two weeks)

I have been asked to add an additional offsite backup to this setup and was thinking of just running a copy job to usb disks.  The snag I have run into is that the copy job just wants to send things to the tape archive as that is the “next pool” as defined in the file storage pool resources.

Any ideas?  Can I specify next pool in the run command somehow?

Tim

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying attachments contain confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please immediately delete the e-mail and either notify the sender at the above e-mail address or by telephone at +1 250.386.5323.