Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Flexible Scheduling

2012-03-01 14:13:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Flexible Scheduling
From: Conrad Lawes <CLawes AT navtech DOT aero>
To: "jma AT schaubroeck DOT be" <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 14:11:09 -0500
Jeremy,

Thanks for the pointer.  I did some reading on Bacula Job Priority settings and
discovered the following tidbit:

Bacula will not run jobs with differing priority levels simultaneously, even if
the SD is configured to run more than one job concurrently.  For instance, if
you have 2 jobs scheduled to run at the same time but one Job has Priority=10
and the other has Priority=20,   the SD will not run them at the same time even
if the Maximum Concurrent Job set is for 2 or higher.  The SD will run the Job
with priority 10 first.  It will start the 2nd Job  ONLY AFTER the 1st Job has
terminated.

So in the end, the solution to my problem is quite simple:  Just make sure that
the weekly full Backup Job and the Copy Job have different priority settings.

Now I can enjoy my Sunday evenings again.

Thanks to all for your responses.

Cheers!!.