Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Running arbitrary shell commands in client node before and after backup job

2012-03-01 03:08:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Running arbitrary shell commands in client node before and after backup job
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: Mahmudul Hasan <cs.mahmud AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 09:06:42 +0100
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 03:46:29PM -0700, Mahmudul Hasan wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I want to run a shell command before the backup job starts on the filer
> (client) node, and one after the backup job is finished. Both of these
> commands(may be a shell script) will run
> on the client node.
>
> The purpose is to change the mode of my database (by invoking a shell
> command) such that it begins to store all the transactions in a separate
> file during the backup, and later commits them when the backup is done.
>
> Is there a way to do it ?

Hello Mahmudul,

you could use the "run before / after job" functions to run those
commands. In order to start them on client, you can deploy a public
key for the user bacula runs as on the client so password-less login
will be enabled for that user, then use some form of the

ssh client.domain.name '/path/to/yourscript start'

or similar to run the script on the client.

HTH Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann AG