Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and Zarafa

2012-02-27 03:58:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and Zarafa
From: Bastian Friedrich <bastian.friedrich AT collax DOT com>
To: "Masopust, Christian" <christian.masopust AT siemens DOT com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:56:02 +0100
Hi,

Am Samstag, 25. Februar 2012, 17:16:19 schrieb Masopust, Christian:
> > 1) Consider combining Zarafa's internal backup technology
> > (Brick Level Backup)
> > with Bacula. We encourage users to create frequent
> > incremental backups, which
> > then can/should be stored for longer-term usage via Bacula.
> >
> Just a short question: what would be "frequent incremental backups"
> as you mentioned at 1) ?

I'd regard any interval between 1 hour and 24 hours as sensible for their
respective setups; this largely depends on the ammount of mails and users your
Zarafa installation handles, and the system load that you can spare for backup
purposes.

If your system can handle an incremental backup every hour, that might well be
the best choice. The size of the backups will be comparably small, as will be
the risk of losing data. Due to its nature, Zarafa's brick-level backup will
not have too much overhead for multiple small incrementals versus a single
large one.

Regards
   Bastian

--
Collax GmbH . Basler Str. 115a . 79115 Freiburg . Germany
p: +49 (0) 89-990 157-28        www.collax.com

Geschäftsführer: Bernd Bönte, Boris Nalbach
AG München HRB 173695. Ust.-IdNr: DE270819312