Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] SD errors out/Testing Gethostbyname

2012-02-17 10:34:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] SD errors out/Testing Gethostbyname
From: Raymond Norton <admin AT lctn DOT org>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:32:07 -0600
I have a working 5.0.3 solution on Ubuntu. All local clients backup
fine. However, I am having a tough time getting a remote client job to
execute. I have successfully gotten this to work before by putting the
hostname (no domain) of the client in /etc/host of the bacula box and by
listing the director and SD name and IP in the host file of the Windows
sever I want to back up.

My setup:
Local Firewall: ports 9101-9103 forwarded to bacula box
Verified I can telnet to ports 9101 and 9103 from remote client box.

Local bacula box:
Entered public IP of remote host in /etc/hosts
Can ping client by name "lightspeed-1" and get reply from public IP

Remote Firewall: Port 9102 forwarded to Windows server client
Client can telnet to ports 9102 and 9103 of bacula box
Client can connect to Director, check status, estimate jobs, etc...
Client can ping bacula box baktrak-dir and get response from public IP
Client has same version of client software as on the Director is running

I am not using DNS to resolve names, but have never needed to when
entering proper information in host files.
Starting the SD with debug results in the following errors when
attempting to run a job. I have tried this on a 64 bit 2008 and 32 bit
2003 server at the remote site.

baktrak-sd: dircmd.c:180-0 Hello Start Job
lightspeed-1.2012-02-16_20.15.23_11
baktrak-sd: job.c:256-0 Found Job lightspeed-1.2012-02-16_20.15.23_11
baktrak-sd: cram-md5.c:73-0 send: auth cram-md5
<14085835.1329444925@baktrak-sd> ssl=0
baktrak-sd: cram-md5.c:89-0 Bnet receive challenge response error.
baktrak-sd: authenticate.c:236-0 cram-auth failed with client
baktrak-sd: job.c:275-0 Authentication failed Job
lightspeed-1.2012-02-16_20.15.23_11
baktrak-sd: job.c:221-0 Auth=0 canceled=1 errstat=0

Worked on this for hours last night, reading posts about similar
problems, but could not get past the errors. I would like to test
gethostbyname to see if it is working properly. Is there a way to launch
it manually--or maybe I am missing something else??

Any help is appreciated