Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula 3.0.1 encryption to tape problem

2012-02-16 19:10:19
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula 3.0.1 encryption to tape problem
From: Jared Kelley <jkelley AT popcap DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 15:54:34 -0800
I'm trying to configure my backups to tape to use PKI so the data on the
tape is encrypted.
When I kick off a small backup on the client it succeeds but the job
output status is:

  Encryption:             no

Not sure what I'm missing as far as configuration.  I've scoured the
internet and documentation and can't see what I'm missing.
Is there an option on the jobs.conf file for this job to tell it to
encrypt.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jk

======== system/config information ============

Bacula version is 3.0.1
Debian 2.6.26-2-686

The PKI section in my client bacula-fd.conf file look like this.

### BEGIN ENCRYPTION
  PKI Signatures = Yes            # Enable Data Signing
  PKI Encryption = Yes            # Enable Data Encryption
  PKI Keypair = "/etc/bacula/master.pem"    # Public and Private Keys
  PKI Master Key = "/etc/bacula/master.cert"    # ONLY the Public Key
### END ENCRYPTION
}

and same section on my backup server

FileDaemon {                          # this is me
  Name = backup1-fd
  FDport = 9102                  # where we listen for the director
  WorkingDirectory = /usr/local/bacula/var/bacula/working
  Pid Directory = /var/run
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20

  PKI Signatures = Yes            # Enable Data Signing
  PKI Encryption = Yes            # Enable Data Encryption
  PKI Keypair = "/usr/local/bacula/etc/master.pem"
PKI Master Key = "/usr/local/bacula/etc/master.cert"    # ONLY the Public
Key

}