Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] VirtualFull please mount volume message

2012-01-31 04:03:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] VirtualFull please mount volume message
From: Xabier Elkano <xelkano AT hostinet DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:00:46 +0100
El 30/01/12 09:22, Tom escribió:
> Hello,
>
> this is my setup. I defined 2 filebased storage devices, file-1 and
> file-2. They are mapped to the folder /bacula-stor/file-1 and
> /bacula-stor/file-2. I defined 2 pools, pool-1 and pool-2, that are
> mapped to the storage devices. Pool-1 has his Next Pool directive set to
> pool-2.
>
> I have an incremental backup job that uses pool-1. On sunday, I want to
> merge these incremental backups using a VirtualFull backup. The first
> week, this went good. He used pool-1 as a source and pool-2 as a target.
> This week however, he hangs with request to mount the media the previous
> full backup was taken to. The problem is that this media is in pool-2
> (=device file-2, /bacula-stor/file-2), and he tries to mount it with
> pool-1 (=device file-1, /bacula-stor/file-1). This means he's looking
> for the file in the wrong folder and can't find it. I think the reason
> it worked the first time, was because the first incremental backup was
> automatically upgraded to full, but was written to pool-1.
>
> Any idea on how to solve this?
Hi  Tom,

I was getting  the same error, I have similar config for doing virtual
fulls, I've solved this with a small script that is run after every
backup job. The script simply moves the volumes (if any) from one pool
to another running a bconsole command  and then fixing MediaType and
StorageId for that volume doing one update on catalog database. This is
not the recommended way to solve it but I've not found another way. I am
running virtual fulls every week.

I hope it helps