Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Copy Jobs - Am I doing something wrong?

2012-01-30 17:05:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Copy Jobs - Am I doing something wrong?
From: Joe Nyland <joenyland AT me DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 22:03:17 +0000
On 30 Jan 2012, at 16:05, Adrian Reyer wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:18:30PM +0000, Joe Nyland wrote:
>> When run manually this morning, I was given a little more information:
>> run job=FileServer1_Copy pool=FileServer1_Full storage=FileServer1_Full
>> 30-Jan 06:55 FileServer1-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: No Next Pool
>> specification found in Pool "Default".
>> 30-Jan 06:55 FileServer1-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: No Next Pool
>> specification found in Pool "Default".
>
> AFAIK you need a Next Pool statement for Copy/Migration jobs.
> Perhaps some of your backups went on Default pool instead of the one you
> intended them to be?
>
> Regards,
>       Adrian
> --
> LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
> Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91
> Mail: lihas AT lihas DOT de - Web: http://lihas.de
> Linux, Netzwerke, Consulting & Support - USt-ID: DE 227 816 626 Stuttgart

Thanks for the reply Adrian.

Unfortunately, there's no chance of that happening, as this was a fresh
catalogue database only a few weeks ago.
Furthermore, no NextPool resources have been changed since the catalogue was
cleared out.

The actual backup jobs themselves run on a schedule, which specifies the pool
and storage resource for the job to use, so there's not really any chance the
pool resource could have been set to Default for the jobs affected by this
issue.
No jobs have been run manually to the Default pool - they are either run with
the pool set to FileServer1_Full or FileServer1_Inc.

Thank you for your suggestion though!

Any other thoughts?

Kind regards,

Joe