Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Schedule virtual servers so their not running concurrently

2012-01-30 06:48:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] Schedule virtual servers so their not running concurrently
From: keith <keith AT scott-land DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 11:20:15 +0000
We have about 80 virtual servers running on 20 Physical servers that
need backed up.

Our Bacula implementation is now at scheduling stage and we are stuck
trying to figure out how to get the virtual servers to backup without
them all running concurrently overwhelming the physical servers that
they are on.

Our current plan is to have just one Schedule that will start at 1am
then we will give each virtual server a unique priority, We plan to give
the the first Job a priority of 5 then the next 10 and on.....This seems
a messy but I can't see any other way to stop or limit the number of
virtual servers on the same physical server from running at the same time.

There must be other people with load of virtual servers that have the
same issues. This has probably been that forth or fifth email that I
have written to this group. I've never sent the previous ones as I 've
always found a solution before sending the email, but this time I'm
stuck. It seems that the people that make Bacula what it is have though
of everything and I'm just hoping there an elegant solution to my problem.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks
Keith