Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Migration job tape-to-tape with 1 drive

2012-01-27 05:09:43
Subject: [Bacula-users] Migration job tape-to-tape with 1 drive
From: René Moser <rene.moser AT adfinis-sygroup DOT ch>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:07:13 +0100
Version: Bacula 5.0.1

Hi

We use a disk-to-disk-to-tape backup workflow. We also defined a scratch
pool which holds some tapes.

Scenario:
If no disk/file volumes are available for writing anymore, a volume
(tape) from the scratch pool will be placed in the disk pool and the job
is written to that tape.

Afterwards the migration job wants to migrate to the next-pool tape
pool. Which is usually a disk-to-tape task. But if a tape of the scratch
pool is used, this would be a tape-to-tape task.

Currently we only have one drive available. Would this even be possible
without spooling?

The migration job looks like this:

Job {
  Name = "UpstageJob"
  Type = Migrate
  Messages = Standard
  Level = Full                  # Ignored
  Client = bacula-master-fd     # Ignored
  FileSet = "FullSet"           # Ignored
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4
  Schedule = "Daily 05:00"
  Pool = FilePool
  Storage = FileStorage
  Selection Type = Job
  Selection Pattern = ".*\.stage"
  Priority = 11  # run after DefaultJob job
}

I don't think it is possible nor a good idea if it would be possible. So
I am wondering if it is possible to change the selection pattern to only
match file/disk pools or if it is possible to place to tape of the
scratch pool back to another pool after writing, so the migration job
would not touch it?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Kind Regards
--
Adfinis SyGroup AG - Be smart. Think Open Source.
René Moser, Senior System Engineer