Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Auto update slots on mount

2012-01-16 14:01:00
Subject: [Bacula-users] Auto update slots on mount
From: Miguel Afonso <mafonso AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 18:58:28 +0000
Hi,

Quick question: Is it possible to tell Bacula to do an "update slots" automatically whenever it has to mount a new tape from the autochanger?

Why:  Some times bacula requests tapes that are not in the changer during a job. The manual procedure is to

- Unmount/release (not quite needed, as it is already unmounted by then)
- Remove/insert new labeled tapes
- Update slots
- Let Bacula do the mounting on next try, ou mount manually.

I want to just load/unload tapes on the changer upon request, and let bacula do the rest, so I need bacula to do an "update slots" every time it mounts a tape, while in the middle of a job.

Pre job scripts won't do it, as this happens inside a job.

Any ideias?

Thanks!