Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Auto update slots on mount

2012-01-17 08:09:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Auto update slots on mount
From: Miguel Afonso <mafonso AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 13:07:34 +0000
If the command was issued before the mount command, which in turn triggers the Autochanger change script,
that would not be a problem. Either there would be no change to the slots, or the newly inserted tapes would be identified as being on the changer.

When bacula can't find a tape in the changer (slot=0) with sends an email (once an hour?) requesting manual intervention.
I was hopping it could be done via a script called before the email bacula sends this email.

I believe it was just a matter of trying a last resort update before requesting manual assistance.

I thought of the crontab solution as well, but I'm afraid it can cause some unexpected disruption. But I might try it if can't find a cleaner way of doing it.

Miguel