Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] BackupCatalog failes

2012-01-13 11:51:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] BackupCatalog failes
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Honia A <honia2002 AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 11:49:47 -0500
> I use Bacula to backup 5 servers. One of the server's called applecrisps is
> no longer in service but I haven't deleted it from the backup process yet.
> For the past weeks, I've noticed the BackupCatalog fails and not sure how I
> can find out what is wrong here.
>
> 1650  Full          0         0   Error    12-Jan-12 21:55 BackupCatalog
>
> The backup runs overnight and backs up three existing machines with no
> problem, I have set up everything to start at 20:05 and all three will be
> backed up just fine in less that 5 minutes. Then comes the mail server which
> takes until 5 AM. Then the backup for that non-existing server will start
> and since it doesn't exist, it fails.
>
> The problem is, in the morning when I get to the office, I notice the mail
> server is not accessible until 8:15 AM although Bacula record shows it
> finished at 5 AM.  But if I run the command disable in bconsole and type
> the mail server job number let's say at 7 AM, the mail server will be up in
> about 15 minutes after that.
>
> Can you please help me figure out what is wrong here? I can post any log or
> config file here.

In the other thread you created on the same subject it did not appear
that there is anything wrong with your configuration.

However you first need to solve the permission problem. See what user
the bacula-fd on the machine with the catalog on it is running at.
Then login or su to that user and run the script directly.

John