Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] BackupCatalog failes

2012-01-13 10:54:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] BackupCatalog failes
From: Honia A <honia2002 AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 10:53:02 -0500
Hi all,

I use Bacula to backup 5 servers. One of the server's called applecrisps is no longer in service but I haven't deleted it from the backup process yet. For the past weeks, I've noticed the BackupCatalog fails and not sure how I can find out what is wrong here.

1650  Full          0         0   Error    12-Jan-12 21:55 BackupCatalog

The backup runs overnight and backs up three existing machines with no problem, I have set up everything to start at 20:05 and all three will be backed up just fine in less that 5 minutes. Then comes the mail server which takes until 5 AM. Then the backup for that non-existing server will start and since it doesn't exist, it fails.

The problem is, in the morning when I get to the office, I notice the mail server is not accessible until 8:15 AM although Bacula record shows it finished at 5 AM.  But if I run the command disable in bconsole and type the mail server job number let's say at 7 AM, the mail server will be up in about 15 minutes after that.

Can you please help me figure out what is wrong here? I can post any log or config file here.

Thanks,