Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] New user struggling to get staging to work

2012-01-02 16:37:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] New user struggling to get staging to work
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Jonathon Royle <jonathon AT royleminns.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 16:35:42 -0500

On Jan 2, 2012, at 4:10 PM, Jonathon Royle wrote:

Hi,

I have recently moved from commercial backup software to bacula and I like the flexibility (shame VSS is not currently Win08 R2 optimised) however I am struggling to get staging to work.

Current backup schedule
5 clients including bacula-fd (3 Linux, 2 Win)
1st Month Full backup to FileStorage
Daily incremental backups to FileStorage
Two Pools - MonthlyFullFile and DailyIncrementalFIle  all backup jobs ref Default Backup
Individual volumes created for each job

Objective

Yearly Full copy from FileStorage to OffSiteFileStorage
Weekly Incremental from FileStorage OffSiteFileStorage

I have created the config files below however every time I run the ‘offsite-copy’ job I get an error that Level=”” not valid.  Suggestions appreciated.

Regards,

Jon

Job {
  Name = "offsite-copy"
 Type = copy
  Client = bacula-fd
  Level = Full  # must be defined but is ignored

Try:

   Level = "Full"

  FileSet = "Full Set"
  Selection Type = Volume
  Selection Pattern = "File"
  Priority = 200
  Storage = OffSiteFileStorage
  Pool = Default  # will be overwritten by Next Pool flag
}

Pool {
  Name = Default
  Pool Type = Backup
  Next Pool = OffSiteWeeklyIncrementalFile
}

Pool {
  Name = OffSiteWeeklyIncrementalFile
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = no
  AutoPrune = no
  Label Format = "OffSite_$(Client)_Incr_${Year}-${Month:p/2/0/r}}-${Day:p/2/0/r}"
Storage = OffSiteFile
}

Centos 6.2
Bacula 5.2.3