Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] New user struggling to get staging to work

2012-01-02 16:11:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] New user struggling to get staging to work
From: Jonathon Royle <jonathon AT royleminns.co DOT uk>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 21:10:01 +0000

Hi,

I have recently moved from commercial backup software to bacula and I like the flexibility (shame VSS is not currently Win08 R2 optimised) however I am struggling to get staging to work.

Current backup schedule

5 clients including bacula-fd (3 Linux, 2 Win)

1st Month Full backup to FileStorage

Daily incremental backups to FileStorage

Two Pools - MonthlyFullFile and DailyIncrementalFIle  all backup jobs ref Default Backup

Individual volumes created for each job

Objective

Yearly Full copy from FileStorage to OffSiteFileStorage

Weekly Incremental from FileStorage OffSiteFileStorage

I have created the config files below however every time I run the ‘offsite-copy’ job I get an error that Level=”” not valid.  Suggestions appreciated.

Regards,

Jon

Job {

  Name = "offsite-copy"

 Type = copy

  Client = bacula-fd

  Level = Full  # must be defined but is ignored

  FileSet = "Full Set"

  Selection Type = Volume

  Selection Pattern = "File"

  Priority = 200

  Storage = OffSiteFileStorage

  Pool = Default  # will be overwritten by Next Pool flag

}

Pool {

  Name = Default

  Pool Type = Backup

  Next Pool = OffSiteWeeklyIncrementalFile

}

Pool {

  Name = OffSiteWeeklyIncrementalFile

  Pool Type = Backup

  Recycle = no

  AutoPrune = no

  Label Format = "OffSite_$(Client)_Incr_${Year}-${Month:p/2/0/r}}-${Day:p/2/0/r}"

Storage = OffSiteFile

}

Centos 6.2

Bacula 5.2.3