Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Compatibility with QM-SL3-LTO5S/16 Tapeloader

2011-11-21 07:28:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Compatibility with QM-SL3-LTO5S/16 Tapeloader
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:26:45 +0000
Adrian Reyer wrote:

> However, one of the trays fell down and broke. The superlodaer
> firmware refuses to do anything without the trays plugged in.

Not just the superloaders. The Neo8000(e) range do this too if the
mailslot magazine isn't installed (2000/4000s are fine)

It's good practice to have a second magazine so you can just swap them
out when loading/unloading tapes.

> As this
> has been a user error, service contract didn't kick in and it took
> Quantum 1 month to deliver a new tray. 1 month without a backup,
> just because they decided to refuse operations with only one tray
> plugged in.

I filed the behaviour as a serious bug, but they blew me off on it. When
you spend $85k on a robot + 8 LTO5 drives you tend to expect better
support than that...

AB