Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] VSS reporting files corrupted or unreadable

2011-11-08 08:02:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] VSS reporting files corrupted or unreadable
From: Avery Ceo <aceo AT enterprisehostinginc DOT com>
To: "Joseph L. Casale" <jcasale AT activenetwerx DOT com>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 08:00:56 -0500
On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 01:13 +0000, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> >Yes, MySQL is running on this server.  To the best of my knowledge, no
> >VSS writer exists for MySQL.
>
> MySQL? How the heck is windows VSS supposed to quiesce MySQL?
>
> Methinks you are sol with that approach, you'd probably have better luck
> using a run before script and a "mysql" supported method...

I don't expect MySQL to be in a quiesced state.  The client is
responsible for scheduling mysqldumps.  What I do expect is that the
inconsistent database files be read rather than causing the remainder of
the backup to fail.  If it were our server rather than a client's, then
running a mysqldump in the run before is exactly how I would handle
consistent database backups, but that still doesn't solve the problem of
the unreadable snapshots.

--
Regards,

Avery Ceo