Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to run one job at exact time?

2011-10-03 10:46:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to run one job at exact time?
From: Alexandre Chapellon <a.chapellon AT horoa DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 16:43:45 +0200

Le 03/10/2011 16:05, Phil Stracchino a écrit :
On 10/03/11 08:38, Piotr Lemiesz wrote:
Hi,

 I have about 30 jobs scheduled at 00:00 at priority 10
 I have 1 job scheduled at 02:00 at priority 9

 Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 3
 Allow Mixed Priority = yes (in JobDefs)

 My intention was to get this "priority 9 job" as close as it is
possible to 02:00.
 But with my recent configuration it start as a last job.

I thought that the use of "Allow Mixed Priority" somehow pushes this
"priority 9 job" right after ending one of "priority 10 job" (which
ended after 02:00), but I was wrong.

Is it possible to set somehow this "priority 9 job" to run close to 02:00 ?
By the sound of things, not without increasing your job concurrency.  If
you're starting 30 jobs at 00:00, and allowing only 3 of them to run at
once, then they will have to complete in roughly 12 minutes each if you
want your scheduled 02:00 job to be able to start on time.

Using more fined grained scheduling policy instead of spooling 30 jobs at a time, and lowering the number of concurrent jobs  would help you ahve your jobs started closer to the original schedule time...
I can hardly see any other solution.

regards

--

Alexandre Chapellon

Ingénierie des systèmes open sources et réseaux.
Follow me on twitter: @alxgomz