Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to run one job at exact time?

2011-10-03 10:07:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to run one job at exact time?
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 10:05:07 -0400
On 10/03/11 08:38, Piotr Lemiesz wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have about 30 jobs scheduled at 00:00 at priority 10
>  I have 1 job scheduled at 02:00 at priority 9
>
>  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 3
>  Allow Mixed Priority = yes (in JobDefs)
>
>  My intention was to get this "priority 9 job" as close as it is
> possible to 02:00.
>  But with my recent configuration it start as a last job.
>
> I thought that the use of "Allow Mixed Priority" somehow pushes this
> "priority 9 job" right after ending one of "priority 10 job" (which
> ended after 02:00), but I was wrong.
>
> Is it possible to set somehow this "priority 9 job" to run close to 02:00 ?

By the sound of things, not without increasing your job concurrency.  If
you're starting 30 jobs at 00:00, and allowing only 3 of them to run at
once, then they will have to complete in roughly 12 minutes each if you
want your scheduled 02:00 job to be able to start on time.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.