Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] MTX-Changer support list disappears

2011-09-14 05:22:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] MTX-Changer support list disappears
From: Peter Bartosch <pb AT schulon DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:20:23 +0000
On 09/12/11 10:13, Simone Martina wrote:
> Good morning,
Hallo!
> I've to buy a new tape library and I've discovered that HP dismisses on
> July the well known MSL6030 (analog to Overland NEO 2000e).
> Our seller want's to sell us a HP MSL4048, but mtx-changer web site is
> offline and I could not see compatibility list:
> http://mtx.opensource-sw.net/compatibility.php
>
> Have some one tried an HP MSL4048 tape library with Bacula?

I've got one MSL 4048 (with two Drives LTO 5) working here!

The only disadvantage i've found is, that the changer only accepts
commands via /dev/passX and not via the /dev/ch0 device...

Regards,
Peter

--

Peter Bartosch                          ___ Schulen Online
Kommunales Rechenzentrum Niederrhein   |    fon +49 -2842 9070-231