Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backup to NFS mounted share: optimal settings?

2011-09-14 05:47:25
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backup to NFS mounted share: optimal settings?
From: Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:44:45 +0200
Hey

Yesterday we got a NAS-backup appliance with deduplication etc. to test, and it can export its shares as either CIFS or NFS. When writing to a CIFS share there were no errors, when writing to a default mounted NFS share however bacula was unable to restore from any volume due to block positioning errors.

After reading up on block size stuff and NFS I tried writing and restoring from the same NFS share, but mounted with the "rsize=32768,wsize=32768" options. This worked like a charm!
Now I'm wondering if I was just lucky, or if this should always work? Is there someone with experience with bacula and NFS shares that has a somewhat "optimal" setting for the NFS mount, and perhaps for the bacula storage config?
What I'm wondering about most is if this will always work correctly with the default block size of 64,512 bacula uses...

Kind regards,
Jeremy

**** DISCLAIMER ****
http://www.schaubroeck.be/maildisclaimer.htm