Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Questions about spooling

2011-09-01 07:40:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] Questions about spooling
From: frank_sg <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 04:38:04 -0700
Thanks fpr replying.

@Alexandre: Yes, exactly, the 10MB/s (average) come from bacula job report.

@Marcello: No - very time the spool fs is full (or the maximum spool size per
job etc.) is reached the spool fs is despooled to tape. And that is where I
hope to get the advantage from: despooling with full speed to tape. You are
right, the fs has to be fast enough - which SSDs would be obviously. That the
reason for the idea about them. A RAID0 with 12 disks direct attached with SAS
should also be fast enough - but which option is the one to choose?

Regards,
Frank