Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.3 doesn't restore client wndows xp on usb disk.

2011-08-30 17:48:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.3 doesn't restore client wndows xp on usb disk.
From: man_in_the_hill <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 14:46:28 -0700
Hi,

It's a new day for me ...

Pieter:
The files (directory structure) appeared in
C:mntbackupbaculairriscristal2-restores

That's true and it was front of my eyes and I've never seen this directory at
the root of windows  while I erase the history in the working directory for my
test ...

Jeremy Maes:
My experience with bacula is that if it says it has restored the files
but you can't find them

It was really the case !

Konstantin Khomoutov:
If yes, this is wrong and you're missing an important idea about how
restoring works: when Bacula is told to restore one or more files, the
job not only specifies the fileset and the directory to restore, but
the *target* file daemon, and the directory to restore designates a
place on the *target* file daemon not on your director, your SD or
whatever.

I think I missed this important works of the file daemon that is do all
operations related to files ...
and also it is more logical to restore to the client ( to the system where it
must be replaced files).
The "mod" option, I did not test, allows a great flexibility to redirect to any
file daemon, among other things ...
I think I did well to write here !

Thank's a lot for this great help !

Steeve