Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] What does exactly bacula do when tape is loaded?

2011-08-22 14:10:52
Subject: [Bacula-users] What does exactly bacula do when tape is loaded?
From: toldiasz <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 08:46:38 -0700
Hello,
I got restore job (for example) which loads tape to the drive. After loading
what does exactly happen? I think that 2 scenarios are possible but I can't
find any confirmation in documentation how does it happen.
First one:
1.Bacula rewinds to the begging of the tape.
2.Reads label to confirm that correct tape is loaded.
3.Rewind to the sector of data to be restored.
4.Restoring.
5.Rewind to the end of tape after restore.
Second one:
1.Bacula is already at the beginning of the tape
2.Reads label to confirm that correct tape is loaded.
3.Rewind to the sector of data to be restored.
4.Restoring.
5.Rewinds to the beginning of the tape.

Is one of the cases that I wrote is correct or maybe it happens in some other
way? Is there any documentation to confirm it.

Thanks for the answers.