Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Where does bacula start searching for tape?

2011-08-22 14:10:52
Subject: [Bacula-users] Where does bacula start searching for tape?
From: toldiasz <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 09:00:24 -0700
Hello,
where does bacula start searching for tape? Does it first search slots and then
drive or maybe in opposite order? I ask because I got strange situation. I got
8 slot LTO library and start restore job. Bacula loads tape form proper slot to
the drive and restore ends fine, but then I run second restore job that also
should restore data from the same tape which is already in drive. In logs I can
see that Bacula is searching tape in slots (when the tape is still in drive)
and not finding anything prints ERROR. Then bacula finds out that tape it's
looking for is in drive and starts to restore. Is it a proper behaviour? Can I
find any documentation about it?

Thank you for answers