Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] One SD two subnets

2011-08-05 20:43:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] One SD two subnets
From: Andre Ruiz <andre.ruiz AT gmail DOT com>
To: Simone Martina <smartina AT noc.skylogicnet DOT com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 21:40:42 -0300
Hi Simone.

The way I see it, you put 0.0.0.0 on the listening IP of the daemons
that would be receiving connections from more than one network and it
will listen on both interfaces. If the _name_ and password of the
other end matches, they will comunicate.

I have mine set this way (and it's confirmed working), and I have a
client in a different network (dir and sd on the same machine):

In bacula-dir.conf:

Director {
  DirAddress = 0.0.0.0
  DirPort = 9101
}

In bacula-sd.conf

Storage {
  SDAddress = 0.0.0.0
  SDPort = 9103
}

In bacula-fd.conf:

FileDaemon {
  FDAddress = 0.0.0.0
  FDport = 9102
}

These are the addresses that they will listen on, not to be confused
with the addresses where to connect to indicated in the other daemons.

Andre

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 10:31, Simone Martina
<smartina AT noc.skylogicnet DOT com> wrote:
> Goodevening,
> I got a little problem: I have a bacula director on a server with two
> NIC interfaces, each of one got a different subnet: 172.20.60.0/24 and
> 172.20.61.0/24 and I could only use a single LTO-4 tape reader.
> Now, the problem is howto configure storage section in director
> configuration file, because the differnt client (from the two nets)
> should receive two different IP to contact SD.
>
> Now I have tried this storage config:
> Storage {
>  Name = TAPECORP
>  Address = 172.20.60.1
>  SDPort = 9103
>  Password = "foobar1"
>  Device = TAPE
>  Media Type = LTO-4
>  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
> }
>
> Storage {
>  Name = TAPECUST
>  Address = 172.20.61.1
>  SDPort = 9103
>  Password = "foobar2"
>  Device = TAPE
>  Media Type = LTO-4
>  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
> }
>
> 172.20.60.1 and 172.20.61.1 are, respectively, the IPs of BaculaDIR/SD
> for each net (DIR and SD are located onto the same physical server).
>
> Is it the right way to configure it?
>
> Thanks in advance for your suggestions,
>
> Simone

Andre Ruiz  <andre.ruiz AT gmail DOT com>
Curitiba, PR, Brasil