Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] May I use Bacula to check if someone is using my pc without my permission?

2011-08-05 05:03:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] May I use Bacula to check if someone is using my pc without my permission?
From: John Doe <jdmls AT yahoo DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 02:01:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: alberto abel <alberelloscemo AT yahoo DOT it>
>I have reason to believe that someone is using my pc without permission and
>for now I prefer not to protect it with a password, because I'd like to check
>the honesty of such person to see if this person is really doing what I
>believe or not.
>I would like to know if with Bacula I could see if someone opens my word files
>in my pc even if they delete the voice from the list of recently opened files.

Bacula backups files.
If the person modify files (or files get "touched"), bacula will backup these
files.
So you could check the previous backup to see if you find backed up files that
you did not open/modify yourself (apart from the usual system files that change
all the time)...You can check the OS start time and some system events in the
OS logs.

Otherwise, you need something else like a spy program that hides and runs in
the background (and trust the creator of the spy software)...You could put a
spy cam, or hide under the table to catch him in the act...

JD