Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula client on Windows 7 does not authenticate

2011-08-04 10:55:31
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula client on Windows 7 does not authenticate
From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 17:52:50 +0300
I just installed again latest bacula-fd on my Windows workstation.

nmap shows it listens, but authentication does not work.

I can telnet it, and it connects, but then nothing happens. Status
client says

You have messages.
*mess
04-Aug 17:41 hurricane-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: bsock.c:135 Unable to
connect to Client: mosquito-fd on mosquito.fredriksson.dy.fi:9102.
ERR=Connection timed out
04-Aug 17:47 hurricane-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Unable to authenticate
with File daemon at "mosquito.fredriksson.dy.fi:9102". Possible causes:
Passwords or names not the same or
Maximum Concurrent Jobs exceeded on the FD or
FD networking messed up (restart daemon).
Please see
http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Bacula_Freque_Asked_Questi.html#SECTION003760000000000000000
for help.
*

This problem has been with me as long as I have used Win7. I can make it
happend with Win2003 and XP fine.

I now tried again because there was a thread with Win2008 and I thought
might be worth testing again.

bacula-fd starts, but that is the error. Password is double checked.

--

You plan things that you do not even attempt because of your extreme
caution.