Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] removing indexes on File table

2011-08-02 04:30:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] removing indexes on File table
From: Annette Jaekel <jaekel AT math.TU-Berlin DOT DE>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 10:27:39 +0200
Thats amazing, because I searched for reasons of bad performance in the last
days both for backup (18 hours for a full of 300 GB with 5 million files) and
in restores (building the corresponding file tree from my postgres database
take more than 10 minutes). One of the first hint I found was to create these
indicies you just remove. So I create them, but without any influence
corresponding to the performance.

Can anyone tell me: Should these indicies (PathID, FilenameID) be advantageous
for the database accesses or not? Or is this depending from database package
(mysql, postgres)?

Annette