Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and Dell Powervault 124T

2011-07-28 08:45:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and Dell Powervault 124T
From: Jon Schewe <jpschewe AT mtu DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 07:43:01 -0500
You might also find the following udev rules useful. Put the following in /etc/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-storage-tape.rules (path may be different for different distros, this is for opensuse).

# this file must have the same name as the file in /lib/udev/rules.d that sets up the tape permissions, otherwise this file won't override the defaults

SUBSYSTEM=="scsi_generic", ATTRS{vendor}=="DELL", ATTRS{model}=="PV-124T", SYMLINK+="library_pv-124t", GROUP="disk"
KERNEL=="nst[0-9]*", SUBSYSTEM=="scsi_tape", ATTRS{vendor}=="QUANTUM", ATTRS{model}=="ULTRIUM 5", SYMLINK+="drive0_pv-124t", GROUP="disk"

This creates symlinks for the right devices and sets the group permissions to disk, which is what the RPMs in the dassit repository for openeuse want given who the daemons run as. Note that this is only with 1 drive in our library, you may need to modify for a second drive.