Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Retention not being applied correctly

2011-03-22 12:36:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Retention not being applied correctly
From: Dermot Beirne <dermot.beirne AT dpd DOT ie>
To: james.woodward AT ualberta DOT ca
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:33:01 +0000
Hello James,
>>From what you say, my retention period is only going to be as long as
the shortest Volume Retention I've specified in my pools.  That is an
astonishing bug I would have though, but doesn't seem to be exactly
the case for me.

Since I have disk volume pools with volume retention of only about 2
days (to ensure disk space is freed up asap after backup is migrated
to tape), then my tape pool volume retention should be no more than 2
days!  However, I did a restore for a user yesterday of files from 2
weeks ago, and it restored the files correctly.

I wonder is the bug related to pools of a certain storage type by any
chance, i.e. maybe disk volume pools don't cross contaminate tape
volumes with this bug.

When I get to my bacula install again tomorrow, I'll check if I can
see exactly when the files are getting pruned, and see if it matches
any specific volume retention on any particular pool.  Thanks for your
assistance.

Dermot.