Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] job fails at the very end

2011-03-17 12:29:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] job fails at the very end
From: Marcin Wolcendorf <antymat AT chelmska.waw DOT pl>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 17:26:14 +0100
On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 01:13:06PM +0200, Silver Salonen wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have a very big job (50+ GB) running over WAN. I've tried to run the job
> twice now (it lasts for 6 days) and it errored out both times with errors:
>
> JobId 31268: Error: Watchdog sending kill after 518411 secs to thread stalled
> reading File daemon.
> JobId 31268: Fatal error: Network error with FD during Backup:
> ERR=Interrupted system call
>
> For the 2nd job the secs value was 518409.

And 6 days is a culprit here. According to statements I've found somewhere on

Bacula pages (do not remember where now, sorry), 6 days is a common sense limit

to the job execution time.

I managed to split it to 2 separate jobs, but there is a config option to

change MaxJobTime. Go to website, director configuration - it is not too

complicated to find.

HTH.

BR,

M.W.

--
You can't take it with you -- especially when crossing a state line.