Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows XP Backup

2011-03-11 12:37:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows XP Backup
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Mike Hendrie <mike AT hendrienet DOT com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 12:33:57 -0500
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Mike Hendrie <mike AT hendrienet DOT com>
wrote:
> Ubuntu firewall is: inactive
> XP firewall is: disabled
>
> No localhost or 127.0.0.1 settings in the following files:
>
> bacula-dir.conf
> bacula-sd.conf
> bacula-fd.conf
>

> In the files I am using "bacula" in place of the server DNS: 10.2.1.98 and
> ""dragon" in place of the DNS:10.2.1.97. There are no, non-commented out
> (#), localhost or 127.0.0.1 IPs in the file.

Run both the bacula-fd from the command line with -d 100 and bacula-sd
from the shell with -d 100 to capture the logs on both systems to try
to determine what is happening. Remember to specify the -c parameter
to both indicating the location of the configuration file. Also make
sure you kill the services for both so that you can run them in the
terminal..

John