Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows XP Backup

2011-03-11 11:56:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows XP Backup
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Mike Hendrie <mike AT hendrienet DOT com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:54:42 -0500
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Mike Hendrie <mike AT hendrienet DOT com>
wrote:
> Sorry for the delay.  I needed a break.
> Thank you for your responses.
>
> I have DNS working:
> Bacula server: 10.2.1.98
> XP: 10.2.1.97
>
> Is there something special that needs to be setup for the filestore? I am
> using the same file store for the Bacula server backup as the Windows XP
> client backup.
>
> The Bacula server backup runs fine.
> The XP clinet goes to Cancel right away
>
> The XP client's estimate is working, but no workie workie when trying to
> backup.

Is there a firewall blocking the ability of the XP machine to initiate
connections to the storage. Do you have localhost or 127.0.0.1 in any
bacula configuration file? If so remove that and use the external
address. Bacula can not function using localhost or 127.0.0.1 as the
address of the storage daemon.

John