Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula restore to Windows 2008 R2

2011-03-09 11:58:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula restore to Windows 2008 R2
From: Joseph Dickson <joseph.dickson AT ajboggs DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 11:43:01 -0500

Greetings..

I had occasion today to do a restore to a Windows 2008 R2 server with Bacula.. everything went fine, except for some minor confusion because the restored c:/restore/c folder was created with the hidden and system attributes.. Obviously I normally have my explorer shell set so I can see hidden and system files, but on this particular box I didn’t and it ended up stumping me for a few minutes..

So I guess my question is whether there is a good reason that the c folder ends up restored with hidden system attributes, and whether there is anything I can do about that?  If not I’ll just document it as part of our restore procedures, but I wanted to make sure there isn’t a setting somewhere that I’m missing that would make peoples lives easier..

Thanks!

Joe