Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Need help fixing configuration files.

2011-03-06 21:52:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Need help fixing configuration files.
From: Mehma Sarja <mehmasarja AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 18:49:34 -0800
On 3/5/11 11:04 AM, Kenney, William P. (Information Technology Services) wrote:

Hello all,

I am new to Bacula. I have gotten Bacula to run on Ubuntu and am trying to install it on RHES 6 as a production backup solution with no luck.

I am using MySql 5.1 as the database. The Bacula distribution is from Red Hat's extras repository.

I have been able to get Bacula to start but it dies within a minute and leaves the subsys lock in place.

Bat starts but cannot connect, logs indicate the other daemons cannot connect as well.

I have tried using a FQDN, ip address and localhost in the configuration files requiring an address.

I have used the OLD_PASSWORD() function in mysql to see if the password being passed was an issue.

Whoa Nellie!

For someone new to Bacula, your setup is complex. Why not make it simple to start with? Did you test the configuration files? Did you eliminate the messages section? Did you try isolating the problem? Did you compare your config files PID directory and other locations with what bacula thinks where these locations are in these files: bacula-ctl-dir, bacula-sd-dir and bacula-ctl-sd?

Mehma