Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Need help fixing configuration files.

2011-03-09 05:41:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Need help fixing configuration files.
From: Paulo Martinez <martinezino AT googlemail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 11:37:48 +0100
Am 08.03.2011 um 21:59 schrieb Kenney, William P. (Information
Technology Services):

>> Several things. RH will update these via FasTrack Updates (stated in
>> bugzilla entries).
>>
>> Some links (/usr/sbin/dbcheck, /usr/sbin/bscan) are wrong and the
>> original 5.0.0 version
>> has a wrong permissions argument in make_catalog_backup.pl.
>>
>> Try to set the symbolic links correctly e.g. /usr/sbin/bscan -> /usr/
>> sbin/bscan.mysql
>> and check line 92 in  make_catalog_backup.pl ...
>>

> Thanks Paulo,
>
> Does this mean that everything pointing to /etc/alternatives/filenames
> should be pointing to /usr/sbin/filenames.mysql ?

Normally the link chain should look like

ls -la /usr/sbin/dbcheck
   lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 32 26. Nov 20:31 /usr/sbin/dbcheck -> /etc/
alternatives/bacula-dbcheck
ls -la /etc/alternatives/bacula-dbcheck
   lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 26. Nov 20:31 /etc/alternatives/bacula-
dbcheck -> /usr/sbin/dbcheck.mysql

ls -la /usr/sbin/bscan
   lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30 26. Nov 20:31 /usr/sbin/bscan -> /etc/
alternatives/bacula-bscan
ls -la /etc/alternatives/bacula-bscan
   lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 26. Nov 20:31 /etc/alternatives/bacula-
bscan -> /usr/sbin/bscan.mysql

Because die "alternatives"-links are organized in parent/child groups,
it is better to
leave the wrong "alternatives"-links alone (don't use the alternative
command to alter)

Instead change the wrong links directly / add the correct links directly

  /usr/sbin/dbcheck -> /usr/sbin/dbcheck.mysql

  /usr/sbin/bscan -> /usr/sbin/bscan.mysql

> During the install process I used the individual *.mysql files to
> insure
> I didn't pick up any postgresql scripts/links.

Please keep replies on the list.

Cheers

PM