Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] AutoLabel problems

2011-01-31 12:21:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] AutoLabel problems
From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho AT linpro DOT no>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 18:18:37 +0100
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy AT karlsbakk DOT net> writes:

> > PS: I can't find any bacula logs on the SD (on OpenIndiana). I have
> > tried to recompile with --with-logdir=/opt/bacula/var/log and
> > created that directory. Since bacula-sd currently runs as root (I
> > know, don't say it), the permissions should be sufficient, but I no
> > log file gets created - what I am I doing wrong?

Bacula will throw away logs from bacula-sd.  you need to run bacula-sd
by hand, with a debug level.  try something like

   .../bacula-sd -d200 >/opt/bacula/var/log/bacula-sd.log 2>&1

it will fork off and run in the background.  add any other options which
bacula-sd is currently running with to the command if needed.

> # Incidentially, dmz-incr and prv-incr uses the same Label Format - I
> didn't install this, though, is this ok?

I think it should be OK, since the number appended to the Label Format
is a serial number (the media id) which is monotonically increasing
regardless of pool (since Bacula 3.0 IIRC).  IOW, there should not be a
naming clash even if the a label format is used in multiple places.

--
Kjetil T. Homme
Redpill Linpro AS - Changing the game