Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] AutoLabel problems

2011-01-31 10:35:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] AutoLabel problems
From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy AT karlsbakk DOT net>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:35:20 +0100 (CET)
> > CONFIGURATION
> >
> > From bacula-sd.conf - the Device settings are identical for
> > prv-backup and dmz-backup except Media Type, which is set to another
> > name (prv-file).
> >
> > Device {
> >    Name = FileStorage
> >    Media Type = dmz-file
> >    Archive Device = /dbpool/bacula/data
> >    LabelMedia = yes; # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
> >    Random Access = Yes;
> >    AutomaticMount = yes; # when device opened, read it
> >    RemovableMedia = no;
> >    AlwaysOpen = no;
> > }
> >
> > Since dmz-backup is on the DMZ, all parts of bacula uses heartbeat
> > interval = 600. Anyway - lack of heartbeat shouldn't (imho) hang the
> > SD like this - should it?
> >
> > So - does anyone know how I can remedy this?
> >
> > PS: I can't find any bacula logs on the SD (on OpenIndiana). I have
> > tried to recompile with --with-logdir=/opt/bacula/var/log and
> > created that directory. Since bacula-sd currently runs as root (I
> > know, don't say it), the permissions should be sufficient, but I no
> > log file gets created - what I am I doing wrong?
> >

> Did you define a label format in the dmz-incr pool.

# Incidentially, dmz-incr and prv-incr uses the same Label Format - I didn't
install this, though, is this ok?

Pool {
   Name = dmz-incr
   Storage = dmz-backup.nilu.no-sd
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle
Volumes
   AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
   Volume Retention = 380 days         # one year
   Maximum Volume Bytes = 50G          # Limit Volume size to something
reasonable
   Action On Purge = Truncate
   Volume Use Duration = 23h            # Bare bruk et volum i opptil 23t
   Label Format = "Incr-"
}

Pool {
   Name = prv-incr
   Storage = prv-backup.nilu.no-sd
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle
Volumes
   AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
   Volume Retention = 380 days         # one year
   Maximum Volume Bytes = 50G          # Limit Volume size to something
reasonable
   Action On Purge = Truncate
   Volume Use Duration = 23h            # Bare bruk et volum i opptil 23t
   Label Format = "Incr-"
}

> Are you limiting volumes in this pool?

Not that I can see.