Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] AutoLabel problems

2011-01-31 20:09:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] AutoLabel problems
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy AT karlsbakk DOT net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 20:06:05 -0500
On 1/31/2011 10:35 AM, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
>>> CONFIGURATION
>>>
>>>  From bacula-sd.conf - the Device settings are identical for
>>> prv-backup and dmz-backup except Media Type, which is set to another
>>> name (prv-file).
>>>
>>> Device {
>>>     Name = FileStorage
>>>     Media Type = dmz-file
>>>     Archive Device = /dbpool/bacula/data
>>>     LabelMedia = yes; # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
>>>     Random Access = Yes;
>>>     AutomaticMount = yes; # when device opened, read it
>>>     RemovableMedia = no;
>>>     AlwaysOpen = no;
>>> }
>>>
>>> Since dmz-backup is on the DMZ, all parts of bacula uses heartbeat
>>> interval = 600. Anyway - lack of heartbeat shouldn't (imho) hang the
>>> SD like this - should it?
>>>
>>> So - does anyone know how I can remedy this?
>>>
>>> PS: I can't find any bacula logs on the SD (on OpenIndiana). I have
>>> tried to recompile with --with-logdir=/opt/bacula/var/log and
>>> created that directory. Since bacula-sd currently runs as root (I
>>> know, don't say it), the permissions should be sufficient, but I no
>>> log file gets created - what I am I doing wrong?
>>>

>> Did you define a label format in the dmz-incr pool.
>
> # Incidentially, dmz-incr and prv-incr uses the same Label Format - I didn't
> install this, though, is this ok?

Bacula needs two things for automatic label formatting to occur:

* the pool in bacula-dir.conf needs to have a label format (LabelFormat)
* the device in bacula-sd.conf needs to allow labelling (LabelMedia)

The documentation for LabelFormat needs to have a referencee to
LabelMedia added to it.

http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION0018150000000000000000

Similarly. the documentation for Device needs to refer to LabelMedia.

http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Storage_Daemon_Configuratio.html#SECTION002030000000000000000

But this explains it all:

http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Basic_Volume_Management.html#SECTION002712000000000000000

--