Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] conf file: Volume naming question

2011-01-23 22:46:45
Subject: [Bacula-users] conf file: Volume naming question
From: Randy Katz <rkatz AT simplicityhosting DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 19:42:23 -0800
Hi,

I have a different pool for each client and label formats different for
each so that Volumes are separate by name.
I have noticed that the numbering goes {lowest...highest} for all
ServerNames, i.e. if ServerName2 does a backup first then
it could look like this on disk:

ServerName2-1
ServerName3-2
ServerName2-3
etc...

Is there a way to get each ServerName/Volume name to cycle its own set
of sequential numbers?
Should I care about this? Why or why not?

Here is a sample of the Pools, thanks in advance:

Pool {
   Name = PoolName2
   Use Volume Once = yes
   Pool Type = Backup