Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Choice of DB for catalog

2011-01-18 02:46:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Choice of DB for catalog
From: Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 08:44:03 +0100
Op 17/01/2011 22:39, Rory Campbell-Lange schreef:
> On 17/01/11, Devin Reade (gdr AT gno DOT org) wrote:
>> ... I don't recall having seen anywhere a recommendation of Postgres
>> over MySQL (or vice versa) or a statement about significant benefits
>> of one vs the other.
> This isn't Bacula specific, but there is an interesting page on the
> Postgresql wiki about the differences between MySQL and Postgresql here:
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Why_PostgreSQL_Instead_of_MySQL_2009
> which is a little out of date.

 From what I've come to know by reading the mailing list, most of (if
not all) SQL queries bacula uses are optimized for Postgresegl. As long
as your catalog doesn't get huge, it won't make much of a difference if
you're using MySQL or Postgresql. If it does gets huge tho it seems a
MySQL database needs quite a bit more tweaking to get good performance
because the queries aren't really optimal for it.

Kind regards,
Jeremy

 **** DISCLAIMER ****
http://www.schaubroeck.be/maildisclaimer.htm