Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Can I delete from a tape volume only the files written in the last backup job?

2011-01-12 17:54:15
Subject: [Bacula-users] Can I delete from a tape volume only the files written in the last backup job?
From: "Barrett, Christian" <cbarrett AT ucsd DOT edu>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:51:47 -0800
Hi all,
        For some reason that I haven't figured out, Bacula ran a backup job
twice---resulting in a duplicate backup of files onto a single tape Volume. Is
it possible to physically erase the last job's files from tape and reset the
tape position to where it was before the last job?

One way I can think that this might be possible... Would it be advisable to use
the bsf ("backspace file") command in btape and then write end-of-file (with
weof)? (I would only have to backspace about a dozen files, so this option
would be practical. Also, maybe the command bsr is better, but I'm not sure
what a "record" is in Bacula.)

Following tape erasure of the duplicate job's files, I assume that the catalog
entry for the job can be removed with the 'purge' command.

                                                        Thank you,

                                                        Christian