Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Serializing catalog backup

2011-01-07 15:38:45
Subject: [Bacula-users] Serializing catalog backup
From: Mike Ruskai <thannyd AT earthlink DOT net>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 15:03:59 -0500
Right now, I'm backing up to a drive array with one concurrent job.  I'd
like to increase that, and really need to for a new backup environment
I'm creating soon.

With the single concurrent job, getting a consistent catalog backup is
trivial - I just schedule it to run one minute after the last data
backup job, and give it the lowest priority, so it always runs after
everything else.

How do I accomplish the same general thing with multiple concurrent
jobs?  That means the catalog backup needs to run by itself, so the
database is consistent, and needs to run after all other jobs have
completed.

Thanks in advance for any answers.